14 Packing and Storage Tips with the Newtown Knight!
Are you looking around your home like this?
Calm down! Don't worry; we've got 14 helpful tips and tricks that are guaranteed to help!
1. You are going to want to plan out your storage space. That way the items you will most often need are accessible. Place those items closest to the front.
2. Use high-quality storage boxes! (We sell these for super cheap)
3. Label, label, label.
4. Pack heavier items in smaller boxes so they are easier to lift.
5. Make an inventory of all the items you're storing. Leave one copy in the storage unit and another at home.
6. Use a wardrobe box to store your clothing on hangers. ($14.90)
7. All items should be thoroughly cleaned before storing.
8. Wrap anything and everything fragile in bubble wrap; such as Dishes, glassware, delicate furniture legs, and mirrors.
9. Place a protective dust cover over upright furniture and mattresses.
10. Avoid placing heavy items or boxes on soft furniture like sofas, upholstered chairs or mattresses.
11. Try not to leave large items of furniture against outside walls of the unit. It'll block block ventilation.
12. Stack similarly sized boxes together to maximize your storage space.
13. Completely fill storage boxes to capacity. Partially filled or bulging boxes may collapse or tip over.
14. If you are ever locked out of your unit or the gate at Newtown Self Storage, call Tom (203)-414-7990. After he verifies you for entry he can cut your lock if you've lost your key or give you a new Pin if you forgot your gate code.
That's it! Those are the 14 tips and tricks when it comes to utilizing your storage space at Newtown Self Storage.